Czech for Foreigners
One Year Course
One Year Course
Information on Czech Course for Foreigners 2012/2013 is available here [38 KiB] .
Application form [89 KiB]
Requirements for admission to examination:
- Students must pass tests in the relevant subjects in the course of their studies
- A maximum number of lessons missed has been set out for each period of classes on the respective proficiency levels:
- Grammar - 4 lessons missed
- Conversation - 4 lessons missed
- Cultural paradigm - 3 lessons missed
- Projects - 2 lessons missed
Examination in the respective language levels
- If a student wants to pass an exam, he/she must comply with the requirements for admission to examination (tests + number of lessons missed) and must register for a pre-given examination date
- Each student is enabled to sit the exam three times. If a student fails the exam for the third time, he/she will be excluded from continuing his/her studies.
- A student can pass an exam of a higher level only after passing an exam of the preceding level. It is not possible to skip a level; e.g. it is not possible to sit the A2 test if the student has not successfully passed the A1 test.
- In order to successfully pass an exam the student must achieve a 50 per cent pass rate in each part of the test. The overall test pass rate is 65 per cent.
- The A1 exam includes a written test, the following levels (A2, B1, B2, C1) involve a written and an oral exam.
- Each test consists of four parts: grammar, reading comprehension, listening comprehension, an essay.
- The oral examination (A2, B1, B2) includes a conversation on a pre-given topic.
- Students shall obtain a certificate in compliance with the language proficiency level achieved in the course of their Czech language studies, i.e. during one academic year.
- After graduating from the course international students can apply for studies at Czech higher education institutions. International applicants are required to present a certificate of Level B2. In order to be admitted to a higher education institution, it is necessary to successfully pass an entrance examination.