Miss Academia Finalists Announced
The finalists of the MISS ACADEMIA of the Czech Republic 2011 contest have been announced. A total number of 320 female university students from the whole Czech Republic wanted to participate in this prestigious beauty contest. During the castings held in Prague and in Brno and involving a swimsuit round and a conversation with the jury, the girls had also to pass a knowledge and intelligence test. The gala night, at which the winner of the fifteenth Miss Academia contest will be announced, is scheduled to be held in the Congress Centre in Zlín on 29 March 2011.
The following participants have advanced from the semi-finals held in Prague:
- Aneta Dvořáková – Czech Technical University in Prague, 21, Velvary
- Kateřina Kolomazníková – Charles University in Prague, 22, Prague
- Věra Nagyová – Czech Technical University in Prague, 22, Prague
- Šárka Sokolová – Police College of the Czech Republic in Prague, 21, Prague
- Barbara Škodová – Charles University in Prague, 22, Olomouc
The following participants have advanced from the semi-finals held in Brno:
- Markéta Břízová – VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava, 21, Ostrava
- Pavlína Kadlecová – Jan Amos Komenský University in Prague, 20, Podivice u Vyškova
- Klára Rouzková – Mendel University in Brno, 19, Modřice u Brna
- Veronika Šticová – Tomas Bata University in Zlín, 21, Uherský Brod
- Nikola Vavříčková – Palacký University in Olomouc, 20, Rosice u Brna
In late January the finalists will gather in order to take part in a film and photo shooting and to give interviews. They will also co-design the dresses they shall wear at the gala night.