Facts and Figures
- Tomas Bata University in Zlín (TBU) was established on 1 January 2001.
- TBU in Zlín is comprised of six faculties: Faculty of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics,
Faculty of Multimedia Communications, Faculty of Applied Informatics,
Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Logistics and Crisis Management.
- The number of accredited degree courses offered at TBU is 166, the number of accredited degree programmes is 100 (as at 1 January 2013). All its degree programmes have been newly accredited or reaccredited in accordance with the Bologna Declaration as the follow-up two or three-level study towards Bachelor's, Master's and PhD degrees (3+2+3).
- The total number of staff employed by TBU is 914 (as at 20 February 2013).
- There are 12,580 students studying at TBU in the academic year 2012/2013 (as at 31 October 2012).
- TBU has a high-quality information technology network. 2,870 computers are connected to the University computer network, 1,350 of these are located in computer rooms and internet student rooms. The capacity of the Halls of Residence is 700 access points. Through these access points, students' own computers and laptops can be connected to the network.
- The current sleeping capacity of the Halls of Residence is as follows: 858 student beds, 2 beds for immobile persons, 32 beds for TBU staff and 6 beds for guests to TBU.
- The TBU Refectory in Štefánikova Street in Zlín offers services of the highest standard. Advanced technology complying with European Union standards is used to meet modern cooking and food service needs. Another University Refectory is situated in the Jižní Svahy campus.
- The TBU Library has about 12,900 registered users. About 107,000 loan requests are processed every year, more than 900 of these via the interlibrary loan service. The Library houses more than 110,000 books and periodicals and 736 electronic books form part of its collections. The annual acquisition is about 6,200 library units. The Library organizes about 99 educational events per year. The new seat of the TBU Library is the University Centre (U13 building), with a seating capacity of 340. The TBU Library also involves 4 smaller departmental libraries offering technical literature and the on-site reading room in the Regional Education Centre in Uherské Hradiště.
- The congress centre, also known as the TBU Academia Centre, annually organizes about 90 events for external customers (lectures, seminars, training courses, company presentations, congresses, conferences, etc.). Furthermore, it provides the organizational backup for 225 non-profit events according to the requirements of the University's faculties and workplaces. The editorial activities of the Centre are of great benefit to all TBU students. The annual number of publications (university textbooks, brochures, Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD and habilitation theses,) exceeds 120.
Updated: 20 Feb 2013, by email@example.com
Mostní 5139, 760 01 Zlín, Czech Republic
Tel.: +420 57 603 1111, Fax: +420 57 603 2121
© 2000 - 2013 Tomas Bata University in Zlin